6:06 PM

Take that, resolution!

This past weekend I cleared the papers off of my desk in my home office. I also cleared the growing piles of magazines off of the coffee table. It was a sucky job but phew does it look much better...other than the pieces of the new and "simpler" desk...



In theory, that white desk will go between the bookcases and replace the glass and metal desk which can then be sold or given away. That's assuming that I can get it put together in a fashion that will support a computer on top of it. Don't ask how the file cabinet is put together.

The living room with it's new chair now looks like this:


















And the dining room has new curtains and may get a new paint job to kind of match the living room drapes and chair...




Yes, I realize that the dog bed and assortment of toys don't go with the decor. And neither does the ottoman but it's a throwback that my grandfather used and we played on as kids and then my mom covered for my first place. Eventually it will go down to the basement or something. The cream chair's matching loveseat sized sofa is down there already but there is no television in the basement and no man in the house to require that the basement become an entertainment mecca.

I have to say that the house is coming along though. Some of you may not remember the purple dining room, red living room, orange kitchen, bright blue and bright pink bedrooms and khaki master bedroom but I do. A quick recap...













Some days I still find it frustrating that I can see so-so workmanship on the trim or light fixtures that I have yet to replace. Another big change in the last almost 3 years is that I now have a kind of affection for my reno palace. It is what it is but it's mine and it's getting there...and so am I most days.

0 comments: