6:39 PM

Don't try this at home

For anyone considering painting cabinets; I recommend finding out if someone in your area will spray the doors. I know if I ever undertake a kitchen again I will look into it. This time I checked out new cabinets first but decided they were too pricey. The house still has enough projects in it that budget is a big consideration.

Anyways, after the bubbling fiasco with the boxes I decided to prime the doors. I hate priming. And I hate foam brushes (that's what I decided to use on the non-flat parts).

But first I washed the doors. (Because I can take the heat for not doing that with the boxes.) I also removed the handles and taped all of the hinges because I'm not a dainty painter.












Then I primed...about halfway through I wondered about the whole project. And wondered if the uppers looked ok with the doors off...













But halfway through the first coat of "Soho" paint I was feeling better.












Which is a good thing since I'm betting on another 2 coats and these are only the uppers!

Who's coming over for the next round? I've ordered pizza....feel free to pick up slurpees!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know me, I am partial to the door-less look. But the colour on the doors looks good too. 3 coats... really? Even with the primer? I bet it will be ok after 2.