8:50 PM

From the front lines

Or more like the back of the class...

I'm still going but have missed some classes. I'm less sore than I was during the first 2 weeks. And I now have a puffer so that my lungs aren't on fire nearly as much as they were when we started doing some cardio outside. I think my strength is improving.

But and it's a big butt....my booty is not downsizing. My pants are still more snug than I'd like. I am eating better than I was but still struggle with sweets cravings and munchie cravings.

So this week I'm trying to go 4 times a week. If that doesn't start kicking some butt then I don't know what will.

In other news, my grandmother was evacuated from her home last week (and is still out). She lives in Santa Barbara which is a beautiful place that has been under siege from fire. Apparently she has lost her garage and a motorhome parked in the driveway but the house is intact. Since I've never lived in an area affected by fire, I was surprised to hear that the water lines to the house and plumbing has melted and needs replacement!

I was watching the news carefully last week and have to say I am happy not to be a firefighter. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with the people who do that job every day. They held fires back from individual homes as though they were their own families' homes. And I suspect that they do way more work than I do at my little boot camp to be able to do their jobs.

0 comments: