1:19 PM

My sleep in is broken!

When I was a teenager it drove my mother crazy that I could sleep until 2 in the afternoon (or later). And once I was in my 20s that was how I recovered from late nights when I got the chance. I could sleep through pretty much everything too - including the lawn mower being run under my window.


In fact, I can't remember a time when I couldn't sleep in.

Until now.

I don't know if it's because when I'm being smart I recognize that I need 8 hrs a night and do my best to get it so that I'm not perpetually sleep deprived. And that means I don't need to sleep in until noon on the weekends? Because I can't.

And I want to...I love sleep! But the harder I try, the more my body revolts. Sometimes I can convince myself to fall back asleep for an hour but then my back starts to ache. And if I try to push it beyond that I get a headache.

It's really not fair.

But I'm fighting back. I've discovered the afternoon nap. Which is almost as great as sleeping in.


0 comments: