6:02 PM

Rotten!

Today I got back to painting the trim on the house. I can't say I enjoyed it or was any better at it than last time. I put a second coat on the lower windows and the front door frame (yes I was too chicken to get back up the later and have at the upper windows). I also started on the lower windows on the back of the house and where I thought I just had a bit of peeling paint...


This is one of those times when a condo looks good; when I understand that what I spend on never ending repairs and renos is probably more than expensive condo fees and about as satisfying. Usually my feelings are expressed as expletives at this point in the job and today was no different.

So once again I headed to Home Depot. No, they still don't have a frequent visitors/buyers program or a speed date while you wander the hardware aisle program either.

However they do sell some stuff that is kind of almost a bit fun for fixing gaps and holes...which is how I decided to categorize this mess. It comes in a can and reminds me a bit of silly string. So now my window frame can look like this:

No, that will not be the end of this project. Apparently once the foam is set I can cut/tool it into whatever shape I need. And what I need is a window frame shape....for now...until the lottery comes through and I can replace all of the windows on this money pit...er, I mean house.

I knew that procrastinating skill would come in handy eventually! You might say it even ties in well with the idea of trying to maintain a budget! Wow, not only am I learning repair skills but how not to overspend....what do you mean that new purse I bought on Friday isn't a necessity??


The screen door is also now re-installed on the front of the house. It didn't get lighter while it sat on the stoop either. And I put new numbers on a few weeks ago too. It is supposed to be better "feng shui" to run them horizontal rather than vertical - I'll take all the help I can get...with my chi or otherwise!

Tonight I know a run is in order but I'm counting some of this stuff as weights....stupid house repairs have to be good for something! Now when is the houseboy showing up to do something about all those leaves?


My run on Weds. was awful! 3.1 miles (5 km) in 39 mins 38 secs and hating every minute of it.
Tonight's run 3.1 miles (5km) in 38 mins 16 secs. I switched to 5 and 1's and dropped my pace to 5.2 for runs and 3.8 for walks.

0 comments: