10:42 PM

Santa, we need to talk

Hey S.C.

I'd say I've been pretty good this year - not perfect, but we all need something to continually strive for and knowing all the behaviour which you must see, I think we can both agree that I'm holding my own here.

So, hopefully I'm not too late to send you my wish list:


  • a special protective bubble for my car (which maybe I will get back after Christmas?)
  • a dependable guy - no, I do not mean another ex that makes a repeat appearance - that's not the kind of dependability we're talking about Santa. Kind and attractive would also be part of a nice package.
  • interesting work with good people - I think that's already covered but I just want to make sure it stays on the list
  • spruce up the economy - mostly I'm concerned that the house of never ending work may be worth less than what it cost; this is not optimal Santa so let's get that economy straightened out. I'm sure you'll be seeing this on lots of lists. While you're at it - those politicians in Ottawa that seem to have better things to do than to work on this issue should be on your list for coal delivery...or maybe rotten bananas or something.
  • grace...I could use this in a lot of areas. One of them is on that new exercise ball that the physio suggested I use....
  • more good times with family and friends; wherever we all are
  • new episodes of Grey's Anatomy - it's not very fair for me to actually make an effort to watch one show that is on too late on a work night only to find out that it is a rerun - if those people aren't producing new shows then they need to be on the same list as those politicians mentioned above
  • more pretty sparkly light displays (and less seizure inducing weird representations of the Christmas spirit). If you happen to knock out power to a couple of those here in town it might be a relief.
  • peace and harmony - mostly at our family Christmas dinnertime but it would be great if you could spread some of this around other places as well
  • and if you have a spare Miata or Camaro or something fun like that kicking around...well I'd be happy to take any surplus inventory off your hands

Santa, I'm sorry but I can't guarantee that you're getting any of the good baking again this year. I will try but the boys seem pretty convinced that oreos and milk are your fave. And my apologies to Rudolph and the crew; they don't believe they'd prefer ranch dip with their carrots either.

Love to Mrs.Claus and the Elves too,

Shelley

0 comments: