4:27 PM

Camping or How I broke the dog

Well I finally made it out for my first trip in years with the trailer! I didn't expect to go that far on my first trip but ended up out near Rocky Mountain House. It feels like a trek to the boondocks but is absolutely gorgeous.


I was in an ATV/Quadders paradise apparently and even got to go for a ride. I'm not sure if I could do that every day and every weekend but it does get you closer to some pretty amazing sights. ( I am on the back of the quad in the pic but learned to duck to not be totally soaked...and when I grow up I want to drive just like Jody)


The dogs ran behind us on some of the trails and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Even Boo who is normally afraid of water if it's in anything larger than his dish.

But later he seemed to be not just tired but sore. As the night went on he stayed put but when we went to go back to our spot he was limping badly. Poor thing had torn up his pads, and is very hobbly now. I have learned that I can lift him but not only do I need to go back to the gym but I think he can lay off the food a little...93lbs is a lot when they're in need of help with the back of the truck, stairs etc. I've polysporin'd him up and will keep an eye on him for the next couple of days and feel guilty.

All in all it was a great trip - I have a list of things I need to pack for next time, some finishing work on window cranks and trim but now the renos seem worth it. And I remember why I bought the trailer in the first place! Although it does look a bit wee next to the big boys...


0 comments: