7:58 PM

Slush anyone?

Today we had hail...and lots of it!

I have to say that this is the greenest I've ever seen Calgary at this point in the summer. It's been quite a wild weather summer here so far.

The upside is that I haven't had to water the lawn and that most of the marigolds I put in seem to be doing well. I fully admit that I'm no gardener and it's survival of the fittest in my yard. The downside is that it's tough to plan for outdoors stuff...I got the backyard mowed but not the front and was just heading out with the dog for a walk when I saw the clouds rolling in that would bring the hail, so we only got as far as collecting the mail down the street.

My next planned camping trip is August 8th to a spot called Cow Lake. I am really missing the lakes from home and am hoping that it's a good campground. There are no services so I will be trying to charge up the battery for the trailer now that I have all of the propane stuff working. The window cranks that needed replacing were fixed this weekend and now I have more detail type stuff to work on but nothing that would stop a trip out!

Here are some interior pics:
The drawers were still in the house at this point. I need to work on floor trim and some toss cushions.










This was the original fabric which went well with all of the faux wood!









And a Boo update - his feet are healed and he's back to his sweetheart self!

0 comments: