8:38 PM

Camping take 2!

I headed out camping again this past weekend...most things in working order but a few more tweaks to make as always...it's a lot like the house really! This time I was losing the bumper on the trailer when I got there - you can kind of see the odd angle that the spare tire holder is at in my pic - I took the spare off to try to take the weight off and hoped bungy cords would hold on the 2.5 hr trip back on the QE2....there would be nothing like losing a 4x4 metal bumper in heavy highway traffic to put you on the news!

This time there were no services at the site, outhouses and only 2 coin op showers for I'd say 100+ sites. Pretty rustic as camping goes. On the other hand, the treed sites were really nice and there was a small beach with a nice lake.


Camping is different here...I've never been woken up in a MB campground to the sound of a loud generator. Alberta is like Texas...they like everything bigger and louder here. And motorized - you're nobody without a quad, dirtbike, snowmobile and 4x4 to take out into the quiet and pristine wilderness!

In other news, I have started back on the gym wagon. The first time was just plain awful. It is slowly improving...I need to fit back into some jeans again!

Most recent run: 3.1 miles (5k) in 42 mins 20 secs - and that's all 2 min walk and 1 min run intervals (with a few 2 min runs when I can manage it) which isn't where I want to be but the pace is decent to build on.

0 comments: