9:40 PM

The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don't know how to screw you.

So this week I went out on 2 dates...with the same person. Both dates went on extraordinarily long which some would think was a good sign. From the perspective of there being lots of conversation and also being interactive - we played pool and went bowling as well as dinner - I had a good time. But then when I began to think over the conversations and few of the comments which had been made that I had previously brushed off, my spidey senses started up. Way too many things that reminded me of my ex; red flags if you will:

- All of the women in his past were liars, cheaters, or were convinced he was a liar and a cheat and acted crazily or were mentally ill
- He knows a lot about computers and security and has a multi-thousand dollar system
- Very recently separated and had a child with his ex very soon into their relationship
- Lots of discussion around having been a bad kid and getting into fights - but he is reformed now
- Not so subtle mentions of all of the women online who are hitting on him or who have hit on him in the past
- Likes to observe people and read a lot of psychology books when he was in his 20s
- When asked "so tell me some good things about yourself" said he wasn't good at that

The good news is that apparently my spidey senses are functioning. The bad news is that there are more like my ex out there and I seem to find them.

Other classics from the online dating world include:

- the 22 yr old who informed me that age is just a number and then that his older female friend thought I was attractive and wondered if I was interested in women (you'd think I'd mention that in my profile?)
- the married 42 yr old who was looking for some safe clean fun (and conversation, of course!)
- the 51 yr old...enough said...

Now I remember why I stopped going out on dates in the Fall.

(The quote used for the title comes from Samantha in the Sex and the City movie).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee, "safe clean fun"... tell him he can come over and wash your windows. And NO, that's not what the kids are calling it these days.

EPrairiegrrl said...

http://www.enotalone.com/article/4112.html