6:32 PM

My women's renovation network

Why I love my girlfriends...after I emailed L'Oreal to say I'd run into an ex on the train and was a bit stunned and shaken, I received this perfect response:

"EWW!!!
Did you accidentally spill coffee and blister his boys for him? WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE!!!!!"

I also have friends who:

- know how to install a toilet (among other major household reno tasks)
- taught me how to paint (an invaluable skill as it has turned out) "more painting, less talking" was the accompanying suggestion
- can sew anything from curtains to dress inserts to boat thingamajig covers
- bake cookies with vodka in them...and created a drink called the kinky pinky...still good today!
- can make me laugh no matter what
- have shown up, called or reached out at the right time and said and done the right things or just been there and said or done nothing when needed

"A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
-- Anonymous

1 comments:

L'Oreal said...

* L'Oreal pokes head in room *

Thanks for the shout out. Now, I'd be much obliged if you could please figure out a way to send me a kinky pinky and a vodka cookie...